Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cinco de Mayo Class Session

OH. MY. GOSH. I LOVED the speaker this week!!! It was sooo interesting!! I was glad to hear that she does not work in the dark like they all seem to do on tv.... i always talk to the TV and am like "please turn some lights on!!" hee hee

I liked the episode we watched in class, I had not seen it in a long time so I barely remembered the beginning! While the episode was meant to be entertaining, it also had the major patriarchal reverse where, or course, this woman is crazed and a killer and it can't have ANYTHING to do with the fact she was abused/raped/is forced into prostitution... oh no it has to be cause she's crazy.... and I get how from a feminist perspective that is bad (reference the discussions in class) but at the same time, from a television producer side of it.... an episode like this one will "sell" because it reaffirms the notions that people have about prostitutes and a serial killer that is a woman...

also! loved the tuesday episode.... i did not see the ending coming!

No comments: