Thursday, May 15, 2008

May 12th class

This class was really interesting!!! I wish we had more time to talk in class... this class could easily be several hours long!!!!

I really liked the episode and to see that even in the first season of law and order they did deal with these kind of issues and also made a point to show the major conflicting sides of the arguments through the dialogue between Logan and the other detective (what is that guy's name???)

i think my favorite line from the episode was when robinette said "i'm not for abortion, i'm for birth control"

that pretty much sums up my stance i would think.... the root problem which is "solved" by abortion is unwanted pregnancies... unwanted through personal choice or unwanted because of a forced sexual encounter. However, sex education (the good non-abstinence only crap) and easy, affordable access to birth control can help so many women avoid being put in that situation by factors they can't always control for.

Also, i hear from anna that the jail tour was really awesome. I'm sad I did not get to go, I had to go to my parent's house on Tuesday-Wednesday evening because I had to be taken to the hospital on Tuesday and ended up recovering all day Wednesday.

And I missed the finale on Tuesday night!! But i am pretty sure it will be the repeat one that shows on Sunday at 10 on NBC

OH!!!!! and while i was home (and with access to good cable tv) on TNT on Sunday starting at 2pm is a TEN HOUR MARATHON and its "the best of detective Green" so that should be AWESOME!!

No comments: